Sunday, March 22, 2015

Watercoloring for the 30 Day Coloring Challenge

Today I am going to share a cute little pocket scrapbooking card that I watercolored with my distress inks.  And yes, it is another sneak peek of what is coming in Seasonal Expressions 2!


I really love this darling little dog found on the Friendly Pets stamp set (available April 1st).

I started by stamping my image in Black Soot Distress Ink (after stamping off on scrap paper twice so that I could just see the outline) onto Watercolor Paper.  I used a variety of browns for the dog body.  I also used some Spun Sugar in there to add a little pink to the light browns for the belly of the dog.
See that tail.  It was added due to some of the ink running as I watercolored.  So he has a little tail added.  The heart balloon was colored using Seedless Preserves, mixed with Shaded Lilac and Dusty Concord.  I then used a Copic Black Multiliner Pen (0.1) to outline the whole image.
Finally I added the grass with a combination of Cracked Pistachio, Iced Spruce and Shabby Shutters Distress Inks.

To watercolor with my Distress Inks, I apply some ink to my craft mat and pick it up with a damp/wet watercolor brush.

This is just one of many ways that I have used my distress inks to watercolor.

I am going to link this up to Kathy Racoosin's Blog, The Daily Marker, for her 30 Day Coloring Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by!

~Amy


1 comment: