Saturday, August 2, 2014

What a Hoot to Celebrate a Birthday

I wanted to use the What a Hoot SOTM for something non-Halloween.
After looking at the SOTM and seeing the party hat, I decided to create a PL card using a card sketch from Make It From Your Heart, Volume 1.
I also used the NEW paper pack, Confetti Wishes for the background and to paper piece my owl and Heartfelt Birthday Wishes for the birthday sentiment.
I used the following ShinHan Touch Twin Markers for coloring the sentiment: 
I used some retired product for the eyes of my owl, but the Grey and Black Epoxy Bubbles would work well also.
I popped the owl and his party hat up with our 3-d Foam Tape.  For this project, I used the thinner roll and used my micro tip scissors to cut the tape.
I love our micro tip scissors since they are non-stick and don't gum up like other scissors when cutting the foam tape.

To color the sentiment, I started with my lightest color and worked my way down.
I used a slight circular motion where I combined two colors.

Hope you enjoyed this colorful versatile version of the SOTM: What a Hoot!
Remember, What a Hoot is only available in the month of Aug. so be sure to shop for yours today!


No comments:

Post a Comment