Friday, July 11, 2014

Stamping with Watercolor

I'm enrolled in the Inked 2.0 class this summer, found at Studio Calico.

One of the techniques discussed is stamping with watercolors.
So I decided to try it out and make a PL card for my album.

I used a variety of shades of red and purple water soluble wax pastels.
I used the Reeves brand found on Amazon.

I put some on a scrap of watercolor paper and then used my waterbrush to pick up the color.
I then painted the color onto my stamp.

I had a card pre-stamped with the outlines of circles and stamped the watercolor down into a circle.
To get multiple colors in each circle, I picked up a little bit of another color and dabbed it onto my stamped circle.  The colors blended wonderfully.
 
Once dry, I stamped the Hello stamp onto my circles.

My finished card:

This was a fun technique that I want to try.  I used the class stamp set for this card.
I hope to try it out soon using some of my fabulous CTMH products.

Thanks for stopping by & have a crafty day!
~Amy

1 comment: