Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Playing Around with Distress Stains and Embossing Too!

I made this card for the Project Life Card Swap blog and our March sponsor: The Crafty Pickle, but I thought I'd share it here too.

I had a lot of fun getting messy while making this card.

I used my Tim Holtz Distress Stains to watercolor the background of this card, similar to the process that Jennifer McGuire uses here, but using the stains instead of the inks.
The colors I used: Faded Jeans, Spiced Marmalade and Vintage Photo.

Once my background was dry (with some help from my heat gun), I embossed it with Amy Tan's Plus One embossing folder.  
I then added the hemp around the card and attached with my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher.
I matted it onto a 3x4 piece of the Timberline paper.
My final step was to add the flair from The Crafty Pickle in the center.

I absolutely love how this card turned out.
Perfect for a card or PL card.

Thanks for stopping by and hoping you have a crafty day!
~Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment