Sunday, August 5, 2012

2012 Autumn/Winter New Product Blog Hop


Welcome to our Blog Hop!  We will be featuring new product from the new 2012 Autumn/Winter Idea Book, so prepare to be inspired with tons of creativity and new product.  If you have come here from Brae Montgomery's Blog, you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way all around.  If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants here.

This month we have 55 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this all the wonderful new products on their blogs. This is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Here we go!

I absolutely love the new Cricut cartridge, Artiste, exclusive to CTMH.  It is so versatile and another must have cartridge.  My favorite new stamp set is called Love Blooms and I created a project that highlights both.


I started out by making the purse and decided to random stamp with the new Love Blooms stamp set and the new Ruby ink on the new Slate cardstock.
Here's my paper ready to go into the Cricut to cut out the purse.
(Cut at 4.25")


I then cut out the flower (cut at 3.5") in Ruby cardstock.
I rolled the flower and then bent the edges back.
I also sponged the edges of the flower with slate ink.
I stamped the leaf in New England Ivy and fussy cut that out.
I then attached it all to the completed purse and added the new Silver Shimmer Trim as accent.
Wonderful ribbon that is self-adhesive too.




This card is too big to fit inside the purse, but the purse will definitely hold slightly smaller cards than this one.  
I just decide to make this one a little bit bigger so that you could see the details.

This card is once again random stamped on the new Slate cardstock in the new Ruby ink with the new Love Blooms stamp set (that's a lot of "new" in one sentence).
I don't have a picture of it, but I stamped on both sides to make it double sided paper.
I also added the shading stamp to this one (the purse cut only had the outline of the small bloom).
I wanted you to see both looks that could be achieved with this stamp set.
I cut the card out at 4.5".
The base of the card was cut out of my random stamped double sided paper and the inside was cut from new Ruby cardstock at the same size.

Here's the outside of the card.
The banner was cut from Artiste at 1" in new Whisper cardstock.
The flower was cut in new Ruby cardstock (I believe it was cut at 2.25").
It was rolled and the edges bent and inked in the new Slate ink also.
The silver accent is from the new Slate Mini-Medley.
The sentiment comes from the new A Friend Like You stamp set.


And the inside of the card...


I absolutely love this fun cutout on the new Artiste cartridge.
Once again, the sentiment is from the new A Friend Like You stamp set.

All products (all CTMH):

CTMH exclusive Artiste Cricut Cartridge
Love Blooms stamp set
A Friend Like You stamp set
Ruby/Slate cardstock and inks
Archival Black ink (for sentiments on card)
Silver Shimmer Trim
Slate Mini-Medley

I am also entering this in this week's Color Dare Challenge: Ruby.


Now "Hop" on over to Melissa Laverty's Blog, Fancy Melissa to see her fabulous creation! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas!

Thanks for looking and have a crafty day!
~Amy


12 comments:

  1. Your card is so cute. Love that ruby ink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, Ruby is one of my new favorites!

      Delete
  2. Love your artwork! Can't wait to try Ruby. Maureen
    http://somethingtoscrapabout-maureen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maureen! Yes, Ruby is definitely one of my favorites now.

      Delete
  3. So pretty, Amy - and clever you to stamp the paper before cutting it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy, You did a great job on your purse and card. I especially love the Ruby roses. The color is so rich! Thanks for joining in at Color My Heart!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous project! Love the random stamping. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so bummed that I don't have ruby yet! Absolutely love how you stamped the paper for the purse and card...and beautiful 3D flower! Nice job on both!

    ReplyDelete